LollipopandPearls Theme Song

"Lollipop and Pearls" - Jared Kraft

Monday, March 16, 2009

No Sun but lots of Son!

Continuing on with the weather theme today~here in Destin, FL. It was overcast when I got up this morning. Occasionally the sun would peak out, as if to taunt me. Then the clouds would return with a vengeance. With the warm 70 degree temperature, pop-up thundershowers in Florida this time of year are not unusual. There was a stillness in the air and the clouds, while dreary, were steady…until late in the afternoon. Gradually the skies turned a gun-metal gray and the showers began, lightly at first, then suddenly hard rain fell, drenching the earth with puddles formed quickly on the roads and in grassy areas. Driving visibility decreased to nearly zero; it was next to impossible to see the lines on the highways; and as the torrent continued, so did the angry attitudes of drivers on the road!

I have experienced many days like today, feeling like it almost was not worth it to even get out of bed. No matter where I went, what I did or didn’t do, it was as if a dark cloud was following my path and raining on my every parade. I try to remember my favorite two words of the Bible during those times: “BUT GOD…” No matter the complaint, the circumstances, the pressures, the anxieties, the frustrations that I experience GOD is still on the throne and He is STILL IN CONTROL!

Just as the clouds remained steady all day, God’s presence, His love and concern, His forgiveness remain steady. “BUT GOD…” Scripture reminds us that “His mercies are new every morning”. The clouds will roll away in the sky; tomorrow is a new day and the prediction is for sun! Even in the clouds of my life, the SON is always predictable: He’s there by my side, facing every new day and whatever that day holds. All I need to do is armor up (Eph. 6:11) in preparation, usurp any attempt on the part of the enemy to thwart God’s plans for my life for that day, and live victoriously! “This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it!” (Ps. 118:24)

One more blessing from today: in spite of those clouds in the sky, look what the Lord brought to my line of vision, right in front of my condo:







No comments: