LollipopandPearls Theme Song

"Lollipop and Pearls" - Jared Kraft

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Most Priceless Treasure!

This weekend I read an remarkable book entitled Ana’s Story – A Journey of Hope by Jenna Bush, daughter of former President George W. Bush. Jenna met Ana through her work with UNICEF. It is the intricate, complex story of Ana’s life, from being born with the HIV virus through the present. I recommend this book, which only took me about 3 hours to read. Each of us, at some point in our life, will know someone affected by HIV/AIDS. I have lost 2 cousins and a friend to AIDS-related deaths.

In this book, Ana cherished a photocopied picture of her mother, whom she did not remember. She kept it on the wall beside her bed wherever she was living. It was her priceless treasure~ a reminder of the one who gave her life, who loved her deeply, and who she wanted to remember forever.

I have many treasured gifts. I only take this treasured necklace off to clean it. My sweet Daddy gave me the diamond solitaire necklace with matching earrings many years ago. Years later I purchased a Sterling Silver necklace and matching bracelet, engraved with the Hebrew names of Jesus: “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace”. The necklace was the same length as the chain for my diamond and could not be worn together. I asked a jeweler to set the diamond in the center of the names of Jesus necklace. I frequent receive many compliments on and questions about the necklace. I delight in sharing about my Daddy, who has been gone now for 8+ years. It also gives me a platform from which to talk about Jesus and what He means to me.

What about you? What is your priceless treasure?

Blessings,


I am thankful for all the beautiful colors of green that God, the Master Artist, created for us to enjoy in nature! They are too numerous to count: warm greens, cool greens; dark greens and light greens; blue greens and yellow greens. As an artist myself, I know how difficult it is to reproduce these natural colors!

No comments: