LollipopandPearls Theme Song

"Lollipop and Pearls" - Jared Kraft

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Chillaxin/”Got Milk?”/Winnie the Pooh


Vacation is a wonderful thing…after you work through the muck and mire of getting there! Well, maybe that’s just for my wonderful, sweet, loving, dysfunctional functional (preceeded by a “dys”) family! If only you knew…you would say this surely had to be a ‘made for TV’ movie! Seriously! How many people does it really take to rent 2 vehicles? In the scheme of life, how important is it really to “assign seats” in the 3 vehicles we brought? And is it really necessary to caravan for an 8-hour trip when everyone’s bladder is different?
Do.you.get.my.drift?

Today is a new day and I am grateful to be a part of a functional (with a “dys”) family, on a vacation provided for by my precious Mom! We are surrounded by the vast Atlantic, vividly intense shades of blue, green, turquoise, and white, and the stunningly extravagant architecture of Seaside and Watercolor contrasting the charming, quaint and picturesque community of Grayton Beach.

And may I not neglect to acknowledge the awesome fellowship of family, in whom I am well-pleased! Well, most of the time! OK, OK, some of the time…alrighty, can.you.say.”on occasion”? No, seriously, it’s a blast being Lolli/aka Lisa! Lest I seem to be neglecting my blogging buddies, here are some glimpses into my week of chillaxin with the fam, followed by words of wisdom from that silly, willy, nilly ole bear, Winnie the Pooh!


sweet macie! needs some food....





My sister, Amanda, and her eldest, Lanier, which was our maiden name


my good-lookin' son, Benjamin!





Granddaughter, Carleigh (front) and niece, McKinley, daughter of sister, Amanda



View from our bedroom balcony


Can you see the crab?







Another view from our balcony




Sister, Amanda's sons, Gregory and Grayson




daughter, Britney!






Mimi, the matriarch of our family!



Pop, aka Rodney






Beautiful homes of Seaside, Watercolor and Grayton Beach















Carleigh and her mom, Janna, our eldest


Grayson, youngest son of Amanda








Oh my goodness, how I love this girl!







Got milk? No! Got ice cream!













Sisterly love!










"Some people care too much; I think it's called love"!

~~~Winnie the Pooh


Blessings on you all and with love,



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Lolli,

what a wonderful time to have so much family to share! It makes me miss my mama..and my sisters! Mama died a couple years ago and sisters live to far! Enjoy your blessed time together, and who cares..Family is FAMILY...no matter the problems or odd-ities! Shi~

Linda said...

Hi Lisa,...It looks like a great time you all were having! (smile)
So may cute little ones. Loved the pictures of them with the ice cream.

Love the Beach! The view from your balcony was wonderful.

Looks like a fun town,...neat houses.

Hey, the things you sent Lynnette we so nice. She blogged about them today. You are a sweetie.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits