LollipopandPearls Theme Song

"Lollipop and Pearls" - Jared Kraft

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Going Green (and blue...and purple...and white...and...)

So I thought I would share a bit of my recycling/going green-type creativity. Eventually I would love to feature other “arteests” work on my blog, as well (Abigail even put a tab up top for me to use)….first, however, I need to do a few things:

1. Blog regularly
2. Get some more followers who will hold me accountable to blog!
3. Find other “arteests” to feature.
4. Figure out how to use McLinky.
5. Tweet more frequently about blogging.
6. learn how to do some giveaways—once I have more followers.
7. Oh, and perhaps I should be praying more diligently to see if this is even a part of God’s plan for me! Hhhhmmm….perhaps I’m getting the “cart before the horse”, ya’ think?! Which brings up another blogging idea—doncha go stealing it from me, now, yu’ heuh? I want to blog sometimes about sayings and their origins.

I digress….which is not at all unusual… so, please peruse my “funkydelic” line…and choose to be blessed this day, no matter the circumstances around you! While you’re at it, bless someone else at the same time! (Please pretend the photos are good quality--they will look better if you use your imagination! ;-0

"Feeling and longing are the motive forces behind all human endeavor and human creations. "
~Albert Einstein
I painted this Santa card holder years ago
Rodney made this candy tree holder
many years ago several years ago. It lies flat when not in use.

Lite bulb ornaments from burned out bulbs, painted with Acrylics---done years go.
Another light bulb ornament

Hand-painted wooden sleds--done many years ago!
Wooden shoe forms covered in old costume jewelry, used as bookends or paperweights! Talking about "funkydelic"! Thus, the name of my business!



This was my first attempt in 2002 to paint our Christmas Card and have it printed into card size!


"Weeping Mary", a Guatemalan depiction of the Virgin Mary~ our 2008 painted Christmas card. On the inside left I printed the words to "Mary, Did you Know?" by Mark Lowry and Buddy Greene; then on the right side I wrote: "An ordinary virgin girl, chosen by the God of the Universe, to bear and birth the Christ Child...A simple carpenter's wife, responsible for nurturing the King of Kings...An agonizing Mother, witnessing the brutal sacrifice of Her Son and her Savior...Her tears a language only God could understand! Let the reality of those truths soak into your very being this blessed season, as your reflect on the One who loves you unconditionally, and asks only for your heart as a dwelling place for Him to inhabit."


This one, entitled "No One Home", I painted in 2006. On the inside I quoted Greg Asimakoupoulos: "When you step over the threshold of Christmas there's a mystery for you to explore A story. A message. Rich beauty. The music of color and love. There's a sense of the Creator's presence. The wonder of childlike joy. The texture of worship. The power of peace. Turn the handle and open the door."



While I’m at it, I should also show you some my husband’s beautiful creativity:


This is our 4-poster bed Rodney built for me years ago while I was in Florida on Spring Break!


This is an old vanity we purchased at the Flea Market; Rodney cut the top our for the sink and ran the plumbing from inside the vanity!


These are the cornice boards in our Dining Room and Living Room. They are cut from wood and painted to look like fabric. Most people have no idea they are wood until I tell them. Rodney cut them out and I painted them! FUN!






"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. "
~John Steinbeck

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was fun browsing through your creative things... lightbulb ornaments are clever. I love your four poster bed.

My favorites are the wooden shoes - those are pretty cool! Do you like chipped china art - like mosiac tiles stuff. I love it. Here's a link that has some beautiful stuff.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28756264