LollipopandPearls Theme Song

"Lollipop and Pearls" - Jared Kraft

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Minivans and Enchiladas!

Thanks to our pastor, Pete Wilson, I am sharing this video with you. And, yes, I proudly admit I drive a minivan--in fact, I'm on my second one and nearly died when my first one, a Mercury Villager, finally died with almost 200,000 miles on it!



Great marketing tool, eh? Wish I had me a "Swagger Wagon", don't you?

Last night my son told me he loved me! You know why? Because I made these way cool, delicioso "Chicken Cheese Enchiladas"! Sad, huh, that my son loves me because of that?!?!?!?! Of course, he assured me his love goes deeper than that, but it starts in his stomach! We women know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, don't we? So, because the recipe is so stinkin' easy, and knowin' ya'll are going to want to make them, too, I have included the recipe. Please just send all thank-you checks to the following address: JK!

Chicken Cheese Enchiladas


Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees


Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon butter 1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup chopped green onions 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided

1 (4 oz.) can diced green chile's 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas

1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup 1/4 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a large baking dish.

2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chile's, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Stir together.

3. Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.

4. In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.

ENJOY!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Lisa...the enchiladas sound yummy. I'm sure your son would love ya just as much if they weren't ha!

I see you had our Jared do a theme for your blog! It's Marvelous!!!!

Have a good evening.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Unknown said...

Oh, your son is so sweet to love you so much. hee hee I think all men start with love in their tummy. :)

The recipe sounds delicious. I adore enchiladas! We're having homemade pizza tonight and it smells wonderful! I'm dying just waiting the 15 minutes for it to cook!

Okay, off to watch the video now.
Love ya.
Lynnette
PS I saw a video of your pastor with a snapping turtle. Oh my, that was hilarious! I called the whole family down to watch it!

Janet said...

Your receipe sounds yummy. I really enjoy your BLOG.

Blessings
Janet

Anonymous said...

what a neat blog you have! I loved looking all over and reading. Thanks also for the recipe! (visiting from Just for the FUN of it)

Diana said...

LOL, you are so funny... yeah, my thank you check "is in the mail." ;)

The enchiladas SOUND mmmmmmm-good!

The enchiladas LOOK mmmmmmm-good!

Great... now it's midnight, I'm hungry... LOL!

Thank you for sharing such yumminess with us!

*rumble rumble*

Uh... that was my stomach. Gotta check the fridge. =)